Onsite Learning Mode
0. PLEASE NOTE
The program corresponding to the onsite learning mode of the Master's Degree in New Technologies Applied to Translation will consist of nine modules completed over two academic years. Please see the schedule included below:
|Theoretical phase (modules 1-8)||90 ECTS credits||OCT. 2020 – JUN. 2022|
|Practical phase (module 9)||30 ECTS credits||JAN. 2022 – SEP. 2022|
1. THEORETICAL PHASE (90 ECTS CREDITS)
1. INTRODUCTION TO LOCALIZATION
2. PROFESSIONAL ORIENTATION
3. WEB CONTENT LOCALIZATION
4. SOFTWARE LOCALIZATION
5. VIDEO GAME LOCALIZATION
6. MOBILE APPLICATION LOCALIZATION
7. TRANSLATION AND LOCALIZATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT
8. FINAL MODULE (FIRST YEAR)
9. COMPLEMENTARY TRAINING
10. FINAL PHASE (APPLIED MODULE)
11. FINAL PHASE (MASTER'S FINAL PROJECT TFM)
2. WORK DYNAMIC
In class, students will study all of the different modules that are included in the program. The content studied in class will focus on the following skills:
- Principles and theory for each module being studied.
- Understanding how to use the various software programs for each module.
- Study of translation practices and previously translated documents.
- Translation exercises based on the protocol studied.
- Editing work in different formats.
Once students have been accepted and have enrolled in the course, they will receive an email with information regarding the academic advisors assigned to each module who they can turn to for any question or problem related to the completion of the master's. Additionally, both the Academic Coordinator and support Academic Staff will be permanently available at ISTRAD for any consult (onsite, by phone or email) related to their professional work in translation or anything related to their work outside of the master's degree.
The theoretical component of the program will consist of classes taught on-site during the first year of studies (2019-2020). Classes will be taught every Thursday and Friday in the morning and afternoon with classes beginning on Monday October 1, 2019. Students will be notified of the confirmed schedule a month before classes begin.
5. PRACTICAL PHASE (30 ECTS CREDITS)
The practical phase, which consists of a total of 30 ECTS credits, will consist of two parts:
Practical Module (15 ECTS credits). To complete this module, students may choose from the following three (3) options:
- Offsite Project. Complete a practical project in the field of Translation offsite. This module must be done offsite and will take place between March and June, 2020.
- Internship. This module consists of students completing an internship in a translation agency or company, assigned by the master's administration and based in the city and country of the student's choosing. The internship will carry a workload of approximately 225 hours. This module must be done onsite and will take place between January and September, 2020.
- Recognition of Work Activity, prior accreditation will be required.
End of Master's Project - TFE (15 ECTS credits). To complete this module, students may choose from the following two (2) options:
- End of Master's Project. This module is based on students completing a research project in any of the topics taught throughout the master's or any other branch related to Translation and Interpretation. This option will be supervised by a research advisor (university research bodies) and will take place between December 2019 and June 2020.
- Practical Module Report. This module is based on students completing a detailed explanatory report about the activity completed for the Practical Module.